About The Trust
The island of Saint Lucia is home to incredible natural landscapes, culturally diverse historic sites, rich biodiversity and important ecosystems.
The Saint Lucia National Trust is honoured to be given the mandate to take care of our island’s built cultural, historic and natural heritage. We invite you to explore our website to learn more about these fascinating places and about our work.
Our sites offer some of the most popular island experiences from hiking trails, historic buildings and ruins, and memory-making locations for superb island weddings and every important life event.
We host a fascinating array of outings, events and educational activities for our members, young and young at heart and we welcome new members who want to be a part of our exciting work – apply here
If membership is not right for you, you can still become a champion for conservation and sustainable development of Saint Lucia’s natural and historic heritage in a variety of other ways – click here to find out more about volunteering or donating or sponsoring us.
Created in 1975 by an Act of Parliament, we are proud to be the longest serving environmental and heritage membership conservation organisation in Saint Lucia!
We thank you for visiting and hope you’ll come back often!
There are many ways an individual, family or groups can get involved in helping conserve Saint Lucia's heritage...
- Take part in our activities – subscribe to our newsletter to be first to know what’s on offer – events, discounts, learning activities…
- Get social! Follow us on social media and comment and share our posts;
- Become an advocate! write to your representatives, government, businesses about the issues you see in your community;
- Take up volunteering – get involved in your community and our activities; share you knowledge and skills with our members
- Becoming a member – join us so we are a stronger voice (there’s lots of benefits for you as a member too!);
- Donate – a little or a lot – it’s all VERY welcome! You can give to a specific cause or just for our overall work. Every donation helps!
- Sponsor our work or partner with us – would you like to shine bright for Corporate Environmental Responsibility? We can help you! Get in touch here to speak to us about sponsorship or joint projects.
The work of the Saint Lucia National Trust is carried out by a cadre of employed staff, governed by the elected and appointed Council. The Council is enabled to establish ad hoc committees to support its work.
An annual audit is carried out by a recognized public accounting firm and presented at the Annual General Meeting to members. The Annual Report is submitted to the Minister responsible for the Trust who presents it to the Parliament annually.
We strive for accountability, transparency and an open, welcoming organization, but by nature, some of our work involves tough advocacy and conflict resolution. We do our best to take a proactive approach in advocating for the best balance of conservation, effective management and development of Saint Lucia’s precious natural and historic assets.
- Ensure that honesty and integrity, truthfulness, and openness guide our work.
- Strive to provide efficient, effective and timely customer service
- Manage our operations in a cost effective manner and apply our funds according to the highest standard of accountability.
- Ensure all management and programmatic activities help deliver our core objectives.
- Strive to build strategic partnerships with other organizations, government agencies, the private sector and local communities.
- Aspire to best international standards.